Diy Vicks bath Cubes for Sinus/Colds.
Winter often comes with lots of sicknesses, but when it comes to kids, it seems like every season is cold season. Diy Vicks bath cubes are not only an excellent solution for taking care of your nasal congestion instead of just rubbing the ''Vicks'' on the feet or chest but also for minor aching muscles and joints. Clearing the airways during a cold can make bedtime more comfortable. Only add these cubes to your bathtub for instant relief, in a natural and relaxing way. “Vicks” is a mixture of various ingredients including cedar leaf oil, nutmeg oil, petrolatum, thymol, and turpentine oil that results in an incredible cool menthol vapor.
Note: This recipe is appropriate for ages two and up
1. Place the vapor rub and cornstarch in a bowl. Start to stir. The vapor rub will need some time to warm up before it meshes well into the corn starch. Keep stirring until it begins to break down.
2. Add in the two tablespoons of water. Continue to mix.The result should be a thick paste. If the mixture needs more water, only add a splash at a time. You don’t want too much water, and this is a good way to control how much you add.
3. You will now have this perfect paste that smells fantastic. Go ahead and add a drop of both green and blue food coloring. Mix well. This step is optional of course and just adds to the appearance.
4. Take the paste and press it into your ice cube tray. Place the cubes in the freezer for about 20 minutes.
5. Your Vapor Rub bath cubes will solidify and firm up making them ready for use. Just pop one out and place it on the floor of the shower or in your bathtub before you hop in.
The warm water will break it down and in no time the vapors will do their thing.
When you aren’t using the cubes, you can return them to the freezer.